Ranking Time: What Matters to Google
by Growth Marketing Firm, on Jun 18, 2020 3:45:00 PM
Did you know that more than 3.5 billion searches are made every day on Google and that it holds over 85% of the desktop search engine market share? With the amount of information available on the internet, finding what you need would be nearly impossible without some help sorting through it all. Needless to say, Google is popular, and businesses looking to perform well in organic search results need to know what factors Google takes into account when ranking content. While there’s no magic to the nature of Google’s algorithm, let’s take a look at how Google ranks websites and the insights you can take to soar to the top of a search engine results page.
You might already know this, but Google uses over 200 ranking factors in their algorithm…
If you ever wondered why certain websites rank higher than others or why your website doesn’t rank as high as your competitor’s, it has a lot to do with Google’s algorithm. It is built around solving problems for users. If Google thinks your site is essential and provides quality information, it will rank your website higher than a less informative site. That’s why there are featured snippets, carousels, and local search specific results.
While this isn’t the sole factor in how Google determines the ranking, it does play an active role in deciding where your website falls in the search results. So in order to adjust your site to maximize your rankings, here is a list of the important factors that can help improve your Google ranking and drive better results.
- Create content optimized for SEO to boost your ranking in the search results
- Improve your page speed to keep users on your page
- Improve the user experience to keep leads engaged
- Structure your content to appear in the “Position 0” Spot (the holy grail of SEO)
- Ensure your site is readable to keep leads on longer
- Optimize your site for mobile to keep mobile users happy
- Build expertise in one topic; don’t be a jack of all trades
- Get recommendations from other sites in the form of backlinks.
- Regularly update and keep content fresh (where needed)
- Do all of the above quickly and securely with the right team
Although these are a few options to create a website that is more readable for your audience, this optimization will improve your SEO ranking and drive more traffic to your page. Google ranking is crucial in helping your business drive more valuable traffic so knowing and understanding this will improve everyone’s SEO. At Growth Marketing, we have years of experience in improving our clients’ page rankings. And with a profound insight into understanding this, our team is able to adapt your search marketing strategy to it.